Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Algernon Cadwallader


From their myspace:

"They have one weird fuckin’ name. Whenever I think of Algernon Cadwallader, the first thing that comes to mind is the fact that that is something I might name my turtle, if I had one. But they’re just one band I can’t stop talking about & recommending. One half of Peter And Craig, Peter [duh], who toured with Towers & I Would Set Myself on Fire for You during Summer ‘06, shares a frontman & bassist with Algernon. You can definitely tell that there is some kinsella influence, it’s like American Football meets SOMETHING FUCKIN’ COOL THAT I CANNOT EXPLAIN AT ALL. The scratchy, raw vocals compliment the twinkly guitars. The drums are just… I don’t know. They add this variable to the music, it’s just so like… encouraging. When you listen to Algernon Cadwallader, take for example, the track with the extremely long name, “Look Down (Because the Ground Is Easier to Understand and Doesn’t Take So Much Work to Figure Out But I’d Rather Not Know Where I’m Standing and Have An Idea of What Life Is All About)” (TLDR, I KNOW RIGHT), you feel this overwhelming optimistic feeling, like “HEY, LETS GET OUT THERE & GET SOME SHIT DONE! CLEAN MY KITCHEN? NO FUCKIN’ PROBLEM, HELL YEAH! I HAVE TO SEW MY CURTAINS? I FUCKING LOVE SEWING!” It’s great. You just have to experience it for yourself. Can’t find it anywhere? Check out their Myspace. I seeked for my soul until I couldn’t seek any longer, and nothing came up. Eventually I worked up the balls to send them an email saying “GIVE ME YR FECKIN’ DEMO ASSHOLE” in a much more polite manner, and man, thats the best thing I’ve done is ‘07 so far (I’m lying), it’s a really good demo. Full length anytime soon? God, I hope so. —Random Internet Dweller"




...so yeah. Don't really have anything else to add, this crazy guy pretty much hit the nail on the head. Their 7" demo is amazing, but it's all good.




Some Kind Of Cadwallader
Hot Green
Demo

No comments:

Post a Comment