Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Defeated Sanity


Brutal death metal...?

Yes, I was once a hater, as I saw very little in the way of redeeming features when it came to this tautological sub-genre.

However, one album has slowly worked it's way under my skin, the album with the tagline "The. Most. Brutal. Release. Of. 2010"; Defeated Sanity's Chapters of Repugnance.

After a few listens, I started to see why this bunch of Germans have been so hyped over the last few years, and actually started to enjoy myself some brutal dm - slams and all. Their second full length, Psalms of the Moribund, was hailed as an instant classic, and although I really didn't like it at first, I don't mind it now. Having said that, the vocals are more groo-ier and it's a bit more all over the shop than their latest effort. Either way, these guys are pretty sweet, and if you are looking for something really brutal and... German, then look no further.


Chapters of Repugnance
Psalms of the Moribund
Prelude to the Tragedy

No comments:

Post a Comment