Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Japan and its Awesomeness... pt II



Holy shit, part II already? I know, I know... I'm starting to enjoy this too much.

Here with another happy snap, this time of possibly one of the most famous places in Japan, the Tokyo Imperial Palace. Oooooh, pretty reflections.

Anyways, I would like to talk a little about the food in Japan. My god, it is some good stuff... and no, it is not just sushi 24/7, you culinary hipsters... however I did go to an awesome sushi train restaurant and ate boat loads of sushi and sashimi. But whatever. Some of the highlights of Japanese cuisine were sukiyakionigiri (generic? who cares!), and last but not least, taiyaki. Mmmmm, taiyaki. Apparently taiyaki is a bit girly, but hey - it tastes amazing. Here, have some taiyaki...


How about some pudding in a balloon?
Ahahaha pudding in a balloon? Are you serious?
Yes, can't you tell? This is my serious face.







Mkay time for some tasty Japanese tunes to go with these tasty treats.

Envy


Envy are a pretty sweet hardcore/screamo band that incorporate the epic qualities of post-rock, especially in their latter work. Not much else to say, other than that having somebody scream stuff in Japanese at me with big major chords is awesome. Here's their three best albums (aka the albums I have).





Stay tuned for the third and final part...

No comments:

Post a Comment